So you've invested your hard earned money into your custom grills with all the bells and whistles, diamonds, cuts, the whole 9 and they look awesome, right? For now that is, while they're brand new but lets face it gold teeth are a piece of jewelry that will tarnish over time and life happens not to mention the mouth can get pretty dirty to say the least.. You'll want to develop a regiment that will keep your fronts shining as bright as they did the day you bought them. Of course you can always send them to us to shine up for you but its priceless to be able to clean your sets on a regular basis your self.
With our customers in mind, we've researched how to clean grillz at home and tried countless different methods such as using tooth paste and a tooth brush which can leave your brand new polished golds all scratched up and ruined, soaking grillz in mouth wash and so on. Many of these methods are counter-intuitive or takes a great deal of time, some use harmful toxic chemical detergents we wouldn't recommend be used on jewelry that will be worn in your mouth. Finally we decided to develop a green cleaning solution that's is equally hard on germs and tarnish yet safe and easy enough to do on the go. NEW PRODUCT COMING SOON!!!!!!
In the Mean Time we have been using this system which works well enough and you more than likely already have everything you need at home or can be purchased for less than $10.00 the best part is that once you have the materials as well as master the system you can do this every day to keep your grill clean, restore your original gold luster and keep those slugs free from germs. This works on Gold, Silver, Platinum and diamond grillz.
How to clean grillz teeth : Clean gold grillz at home (taken from our Jewelry Steam Cleaning system)
What You'll Need for Our home-made jewelry cleaner system:
- Loaf Bread Baking pan covered in foil *shiny side up (approx. $3.00 Dollar store)
- Boiling Hot water: 2 cups
- White Vinegar: 1/2 cup (approx. $.40)
- Baking soda: 4 tablespoons (approx. $.40)
- Sea salt: 3 tablespoon (approx. $.40)
- Jewelry Cleaning Cloth: We Carry a cloth specifically for grillz but any soft jewelry cloth will do (approx. $5.50)
How to use the grillz cleaner:
- Add 4 tablespoons of baking soda, and 3 tablespoons of Sea salt together into the boiling water and mix the solution well. Being careful, use oven mittens if you have to, then slowly pour the mixture into the foil lined pan. Place your grill inside the pan mouth part up, use a spoon if necessary to stir and reposition your grillz.
- This next step is where the cleaning power gets a boost, slowly pour in the 1/2 cup of white vinegar and watch the green jewelry system remove tarnish or smoke stains before your eyes. The solution will create bubbles and possibly splash up so you may want to stand back.
- The process may take a few seconds up to 10 minutes so be patient. Every couple of minutes you can stir the solution we find this helps on deeper stained grills and those with many diamonds.
- Finally drop your grillz in the last cup of boiling water swish your grillz around to remove residue take them out polish with your jewelry cleaning cloth until dry.
Viola you now know how to clean gold grillz at home.
Send us before and after pictures to Shai@chigrillz.com